Nov 7. 2016 7 p.m. Meet a real-live author. Dr. Frank Portugal, Clinical Associate Professor and Director, M.S. in Biotechnology Program, will be talking and signing copies of his latest book The Least Likely Man (MIT Press). Hear how an average student won the Nobel Prize. Show your biology pride. If you wear a biology T shirt from any era or show proof of purchase of a T shirt this year, get a 10% discount on the book.
- Nov 7. 2016 6 - 7.30 p.m. A Women in Science interactive event featuring Ann K. Corsi, Ph.D, associate professor, Department of Biology.
The Biology Department Graduate Seminar Series
The Biology Graduate Student Research Symposium
- Sept. 2016 Science Superstar Relates to Students. A story about the Robert Gallo Biology Graduate Symposium visit.
- Apr. 2016 Nnanya Kalu, Biology Department graduate student (Nestorovich's lab) wins CUA Research Day student award for his poster "Lipid Composition Regulates Anthrax Toxin Uptake".
- March 2016 Biology Department (John Choy's lab) mentors Intel science talent search medalist Kunal Shroff.
- March 2016 John Choy, assistant professor in the Department of Biology, was interviewed by Washington Post.
- Feb. 2016 Department of Biology opens new modern Molecular Biology lab. Thank you, Dana Rene Bowler, for the wonderful photo gallery.
- Nov. 2015 In his interview to the CUA Public Affairs, professor Rao, head of Bacteriophage T4 Lab, highlights his lab's finding that may lead to potential HIV vaccine.
- Jan. 2015 Members of the Biology Department, our alumni and friends attend a retirement party for professor Michael Mullins. Thank you, Jenn Groebner and Masashi Waga for the wonderful photographs.
- March 2014 Biology's Bacteriophage T4 Lab, led by Dr. Venigalla Rao is featured by theCUA Magazine.
- Sept. 2015 Biology Department welcomes its new faculty member, Byung Min (Justin) Chung, PhD, Northwestern University.
- Nov. 2014 Ann Corsi, associate professor in the Department of Biology, was honored for Overall Teaching Excellence, for 10 or more years of excellent teaching.
- May, 2014 Paige Hicks, B.A. Biology is featured on the CUA Success stories for her research, career and for pursuing an unending love for aminals.
- March, 2014 Biology's Bacteriophage T4 Lab, led by Dr. Venigalla Rao is featured by the CUA Magazine.
- Aug. 2013 Biology Department welcomes its new faculty member, John Choy, PhD, University of Chicago. Choy’s research experience spans genetics, cell biology, biochemistry, and biophysics. He also does cutting-edge research on the contribution of the stability of genomes to diseases such as cancer.
- 2013 Chris Furman, M.S. biology (Golin's lab) is featured on the CUA Success stories for his outstanding research and service to the University.
- 2013 Wadad Al Salmi, Biology Graduate Student (Rao's lab) is featured on the CUA Success stories for her outstanding research on developing an effective HIV vaccine.
- 2012 Biology Department Chair Dr. Venigall Rao coedits major book on viruses as molecular machines.